Friday, October 23, 2009

PLDT myDSL WatchPad...crappy!


PLDT myDSL: Redefining Broadband. This is how Broadband should be!

Above is the tagline of PLDT's broadband service, WatchPad. Most of the time I'm using my Macbook Pro to do all my tasks from browsing the web to editing videos, etc. And so I assumed that this service is already compatible with Macs, since their tagline "...redefining broadband..." seemed to suggest that this whole WatchPad service is advanced.

I signed up and downloaded their player and I got some error message. I called the customer service and she mentioned that it's not compatible with Mac but it will be soon.

How soon?

I've heard about watchpad almost two months ago and Macs aren't invented two months ago?! They should 've tested it before it was even launched! FYI, there are also Filipinos who own Mac computers.

And so I shrugged off and headed to my PC - it's running Windows 7 Ultimate edition, with Intel Core 2 Quad Core processor and 4 G of RAM. And so I thought, by this time, it would work. After downloading the player, still it failed to install. I called again, and the same customer service rep answered me. She said that they haven't tested it with Windows 7 and the player is only tested with Windows XP and Vista. Isn't Vista a buggy version of Windows OS?! And Windows XP is so early 2000, it's almost obsolete! More so, Windows 7 has its beta version months ago, they should've tested it since then. Are the engineers of PLDT oblivious of what's happening with technology? Maybe you guys could email me once in a while and I can tell you what's the latest trend. I can be your consultant free of charge.

Just do me a favor...stop using your tagline.


0 comments:

Post a Comment