Monday, December 14, 2009

And I Love You So: Ok pala sya



I don't usually watch romantic (or romantic-comedy) movies. More often not in cinemas but I'd just download it elsewhere. The last time that I've seen a pinoy film is Sarah Geronimo's and John Lloyd's You Changed My Life which is also entertaining. I knew that And I love You So was a mega hit in box office and so I was curious plus the fact that last night, I have nothing to watch with my favorite TV series since many of them are in their season break.

The first 30 minutes was almost boring. It was just so light. Mga pa-cute lang, kumbaga. I almost gave up and watch Supernatural instead. But gradually the story picked up its intensity. I was hooked. My favorite scene with Bea was with Coney Reyes when she was confronted. It was just a short scene but very powerful. Bea's performance on this scene was deep and compelling. She made me feel her pain just through her eyes. No shouting and no big drama.

Sam Milby is also a revelation. The role he portray is far from himself and he made me believe that he is as carefree as his character in the movie. His acting is so natural, so fluid. I think Sam and John Llyod would have a head-to-head match when it comes to acting in the generation of actors today.

Derek Ramsay shows an ok performance. His just perfect for the role of Bea's husband. Though he wouldn't be as convincing if he tackled the role of Sam. For some reason, Derek has a stiff personality that even in acting it exudes. A gay role would definitely be a challenge for Derek in his next role and he wouldn't even be intrigued at all. And maybe, I wouldn't even think as he is in that movie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment